The PeopleSoft Programmer Analyst primary responsibility will be to provide production support for PeopleSoft HCM and PeopleSoft Financials to include on-going maintenance to download and apply
PeopleSoft delivered fixes, bundles, maintenance packs and tax updates. Support will also involve the maintenance, troubleshooting and development of application modules and interfaces. Position
requires strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with business functional users to comprehend business requirements for system development and modifications.
Responsibilities to also include the design, development and unit testing of small to medium project work. The ideal candidate will have a “can do” attitude and the ability to make pragmatic and
practical decisions without compromising the integrity of the PeopleSoft application.
Essential Job Functions:
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.) Use of PeopleTools and other PeopleSoft development tools to perform enhancements, fixes and customizations to our PeopleSoft application, provide production support, and develop reports for end
users. Candidate will work with end users to understand requirements in order to design technical solutions that are in line with business needs while staying consistent with the application
Maintain PeopleSoft systems by performing PeopleSoft required system updates and maintenance on a periodic basis.
Must be technically oriented (good problem solving and troubleshooting skills), excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), self motivated and self directed, good multi-tasking
skills, quality oriented, flexible, and committed to successful on-time completion of tasks.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Perform maintenance and development work in a manner that is consistent with company standards and procedures;
• Gather requirements, design, build and test of production fixes and enhancements per client specifications;
• Create requested documentation supporting system design, code and testing;
• Download and apply PeopleSoft delivered fixes, bundles, maintenance packs and tax updates released by PeopleSoft.
• Re-apply customization in conjunction with application patches and tools upgrades.
• Designs, develops and tests assigned modifications, interfaces, reports and etc… based on functional requirements
• Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS