PeopleSoft ERP Systems Administrator primary responsibility will be to provide support for the installation, upgrade, security, administration, monitoring and tuning for Hampton Roads Transit PeopleSoft HCM and PeopleSoft Financials infrastructure components – application server, web server, process scheduler, integration broker and database.
Essential Job Functions:
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
• Manage all levels of infrastructure support for all PeopleSoft environments.
• Monitor and manage performance of the PeopleSoft application web and application tiers.
• Download and apply PeopleTool Oracle Critical patches
• Support annual disaster recovery exercises
• Assist PeopleSoft developers with technical issues
• Provide on-call application support on a rotational basis
• Coordinate and perform code migrations to production environments
• Coordinate and perform verification of database refreshes
• Configuration to support build of PIA environment for internal and external access
• Provide support for UPK infrastructure
• Other related tasks to ensure on-going secure, supported and stable PeopleSoftinfrastructure
• Develop strong working relationships with Oracle DBA, and other internal resources toprovide
• Infrastructure support.
• Perform maintenance and development work in a manner that is consistent with company standards and procedures
• Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS
• Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
• Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees, and the public from injury or harm.
• Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures and policies.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
• 5+ years proven design experience of infrastructure to support PeopleSoft 8.4x and 8.5x applications to include support of third party integration tools.
• 5+ years experience installing and configuring complete PeopleSoft technical environments (web server, integration broker, process scheduler, app server, database)
• 2+ years Configuring Candidate Gateway
• 1+ PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM)
• 5+ years Applying PeopleTool /Application Updates ERP Systems Administrator
• Two or more installations/upgrades of PeopleSoft 8.x to 9.x environments
• 5+ years of design and setup experience in monitoring of PeopleSoft environments
• 3+ years demonstrated experience with security administration best practices in a PeopleSoft Internet Architecture (PIA) environment.
• 5+ years experience in resolving of technical architecture issues
• 1+ years of database administration operations experience in a PeopleSoft environment
• 2+ years configuring integration broker on PeopleTools 8.48 or higher
• 2+ years Technical PeopleSoft experience with SQL, SQR, PeopleTools, PeopleCode, PS/Query and Application Engine
• Working knowledge of Oracle database and SQL commands
• Demonstrated experience on coordination and application of required environment patches.
• Demonstrated experience planning and execution of PeopleSoft technical upgrades
• Experience in requirement gathering, fit/gap analysis and overall planning for technical infrastructure
• Excellent skills and experience in debugging/troubleshooting techniques for technical issues within the PIA and all related infrastructure components including app server, web server, process
scheduler, integration broker, and database.
• Must have strong writing skills and be able to create technical specifications and unit test scripts, etc.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software
applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
• Working knowledge of flow charting software (Visio, Smartdraw or other). To include experience diagramming or documenting system architecture and administration processes.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows products (Excel, Word, Access)
Training and/or Education:
BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Systems or Related
5 years technical experience as PeopleSoft Systems Administrator