(Duties listed are neither intended to be all-inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
• Leveraging IaaS offerings design and implement high availability solutions for cloud-based workloads leveraging cloud-native feature sets and functionality.
• Augment cloud-native feature set with 3d party solutions such as load balancers, application delivery controllers, etc., in cases where such solutions are warranted to achieve the desired high availability.
• Convert existing systems and services over to PaaS and SaaS when possible.
• Perform Physical to Virtual and Virtual to Cloud migrations.
• Develop, implement, and periodically test BCDR solutions for cloud-deployed systems.
• Augment existing on-prem BCDR solutions with Cloud capabilities.
• Utilize automation to maximize platform management consistency and productivity.
• Maintain platform security and compliance.
• Perform Office 365 Administration, including Advanced Threat Protection and Rights Management.
• Establish and maintain hybrid Azure Active Directory environments.
• Active Directory Federation Services support.
• Maintain State of Good Repair, execute established preventative maintenance plans.
• Provide troubleshooting and quickly resolve routine problems to ensure infrastructure stability.
• Comply with existing Change Management, Configuration Management, Records Management, and Inventory Management policy and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Required Abilities and Skills Essential to Job Functions:
Knowledge of the activities, functions, and organization of Hampton Roads Transit (HRT).
Analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with customers and team members to facilitate information sharing. Positive and professional
attitude. Attention to detail. Ability to organize own work and to work independently. Ability to adapt to change and learn rapidly to meet business needs. Maintain cybersecurity awareness.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills Essential to Job Functions:
A combination of ten (10) plus years of experience to include the following areas:
• In-depth experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
• Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Client & Server infrastructure, and foundational services
• Microsoft Windows Server; Microsoft Windows
• PowerShell Scripting
• Virtualization support, including VMware and Hyper-V
• Demonstrated experience implementing enterprise-grade software stack utilizing web/client access tier, application tier, and database tier
• Experience supporting database servers
• Networking experience, including routing (OSPF & BGP), ports and protocols, VPN, ExpressRoute
• Experience with physical and virtual next-generation firewalls and intrusion prevention systems
• Client technology support experience
• Experience with high availability solutions, including application delivery controllers, load balancers
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Technical documentation skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with work order management systems
Training and/or Education:
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education.
Possess one of the following certifications: Engineer level certification for Azure and AWS.
Five (5) years working with Cloud technologies support with three (3) years at Engineering/Lead level
Licenses or Certificates:
Virginia Driver’s License