Essential Job Functions:
(Duties listed are neither intended to be all-inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
• Work with the technical team and functional users to plan and upgrade to HCM 9.2.
• Provide daily user support and troubleshooting of issues.
• Functional liaison with technical team for issues or enhancements needing IT support.
Including working with users to provide applicable functional specifications and system testing of IT fixes and enhancements.
• Work with functional users to ensure continuous effective use of PeopleSoft HCM.
• Assist users with utilizing additional delivered functionality.
• Assist with leading requirement analysis sessions to gather key business objectives.
• Work with the team to continually build application business processes.
• Provide query power user support in the creation of advanced queries for team shared use
• On-going review of tax updates and PUM images; to include working with functional users to communicate, test, and build of training in support of changes to application based on applied PUM Image.
• Work with the functional team to gather and document requirements to apply system solutions to business problems.
• Assist functional users in performing configuration changes, testing, training, and business process documentation as needed.
• Provide continuous mentoring and knowledge transfer to functional users.
• Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS
• Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance with HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan.
• Perform other functional analyst support duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills Essential to Job Functions:
• Exemplified advanced knowledge in understanding business requirements, processes, and implementation approaches for three or more of the following PeopleSoft HCM modules: HR, Benefits Admin, Payroll, T&L, Recruiting, or Absence Management.
• Experience with configuring PeopleSoft ESS, MSS and Workflow
• Must be able to QA test development work and work with the technical development team to ensure customer requirements are met
• Advanced knowledge of HR business practices, workflow analysis, business systems design, and process re-engineering.
• Proven experience in requirement gathering, fit/gap analysis, documenting the design, test planning, test scripts, etc.
• Accountable and strong rapport with the technical counterpart and user community.
• Willing to provide leadership in the development of functional skills in others through active knowledge sharing.
• Technical proficiency in developing user reports with PS/Query.
• Technical proficiency with SQL and PS/Query for reviewing data, troubleshooting, and testing/validating source system data.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities effectively and efficiently.
• Demonstrated skill in verbal and written communications.
• Excellent issue resolution (problem diagnosis), analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of best practices in quality customer service.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills Essential to Job Functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with the performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem-solving skills associated with software applications used are expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Software applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Office products (with particular emphasis on Excel, Project, and Visio (or other flowcharting software)).
Training and/or Education:
BA/BS degree in Business Administration or Management Information Systems or closely related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Combined a minimum of seven (7) years of operational experience supporting PeopleSoft HCM versions 8.9 through 9.2.
• Six (6) plus years have proven ERP system implementation/upgrade experience.
• Two (2) plus years full PeopleSoft HCM Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) implementations
• Worked as HR Functional Lead two (2) plus years implementing and/or upgrading projects.
Nice to Have:
• Experience using Oracle User Productivity Kit.
• Experience working with a Transit agency.
• Public Sector experience.
Licenses or Certificates:
Virginia Driver’s License
This position is classified as essential personnel.