Location: Tyson Corner, VA
The role of DevOps Engineer, Senior is to assist in following the DevOps tools and processes, as well as working closely with development, quality assurance (QA), and support teams to complete Operations/deployment/ CICD tasks within deadlines. This role is a member of the DevOps and reports directly to DevOps Manager or Operations, Manager.
Our client supports a high-volume healthcare data system that is accessed through multiple web portals. This high-volume system operates out of multiple data centers and must reliably be available to its clients 7x24x365.
• Functions as an individual contributor and works under minimal supervision of a team lead
• Follows associated DevOps procedures and uses DevOps tools for large software-development information-system projects to assist the DevOps team lead.
• Works with project DevOps Lead to assist with the development, training, and maintenance of DevOps processes, tools, and best practices.
• Works on pipeline as code, infrastructure as code and configuration as code and enforces best practices.
• Develops work instructions relating to source control management tools like SVN, Git, GitHub, etc. based on the current and future project needs.
• Develops best practices related to software builds, revision management, and release processes in collaboration with the team members and inputs from the team lead/manager.
• Works with cross-functional teams to promote DevOps practices and assists with parallel development
• Supervises and monitors the work of Junior DevOps Engineers.
• Manages scripts and sets up and maintains the CI/CD pipeline and automates the deployments. Code reviews the junior DevOps Engineers’ work
• Understand, Practise, and troubleshoot RDBMS concepts.
• Ability to create Application server profiles, configure clusters, troubleshoot application server issues
• Perform application server deployments and troubleshoot in case of issues.
• Handle COTS support requests pertaining to Subversion/Jira/Jfrog etc
• Perform, support, debug and automate Database deployments along with hands-on experience with the manual process
• Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL.
• Automates building & management of environments (e.g., development, test, production, operation)
• Enables automation to create, manage and audit (through automation tools) system releases
• Utilizes version control for proper branching/merging strategies and fixing any merge conflicts. Periodically reviews branch strategies and makes sure that current industry practices are implemented to enable collaboration and automation.
• Maintains all release documentation, records and standard operating procedures
• Creates and recommends baselines and changes
• Possesses a thorough knowledge of DevOps principles, practices, and procedures
• Automates Software builds and deployments with the goal to provide better service to the stakeholders
• Develops software packaging and installation scripts using docker & Ansible
• Understands various types of testing of software to enables continuous feedback loops in the pipelines using automated testing
• Participates in continuous process improvements and automation
• Fully understands the software development life cycle (SDLC) and software testing life cycle (STLC)
• Demonstrates basic knowledge of the deployable artifacts produced during the build process of different technologies/languages like Java, other languages and frameworks; Demonstrates a good understanding of DevOps methodologies, best practices, and procedures; and learns to apply them to projects to ensure that automation objectives are achieved
• Possesses strong documentation skills
• Possesses strong communication skills.
• Participates in brainstorming sessions during problem solving & solutioning.
• Adheres to CNSI CMMI standards
• Possesses unwavering commitment to customer service and operational excellence
• Provides technical and operational support to projects and programs
• Educates the customers and stakeholders (Dev, QA, Infrastructure, Networking, Database & Security teams) on new continuous improvement opportunities.
• Requests and gives feedback, identifying strengths and opportunities
• Mentors Associate DevOps Engineer(s)
• Keeps abreast of new technology and market developments
Education & Experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and experience:
o Bachelor’s Degree or with 6 – 8 years of relevant work experience
o Master’s Degree with 4 – 6 years of relevant work experience
o Preferred Majors: Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or a closely related field
o 4+ years of experience performing Build/Release Management for medium to large projects
o 2-4 years of experience in CICD tools and/or AWS Cloud Environment
o Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio, with a working knowledge of the rest of the Microsoft Office suite of applications
o Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
o Application server administration (Websphere/Weblogic).
o Deeper working knowledge of DevOps tools, Linux, AWS, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory, SONAR or similar code scanning tools, Subversion,Fortify or similar security scan tools, Bash scripting, MS Office tools, J2EE, and RDBMS concepts
o Working knowledge of Perl, Ant/Maven/Gradle, shell scripts, Java, and Make files
o TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL Plus.
o AWS certification, scripting experience in at least one language, advanced Linux experience, working knowledge of Application Service Administration, ansible, microservices deployment, AWS experience with EC2, NLB, ELB, ALB, S3, Docker containers, RDS, EBS volumes, CFT, Terraform
Professional Experience & Skills:
• Domain knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, or healthcare verticals
• Shows initiative, enthusiasm, creativity, and resourcefulness in handling assignments
• Demonstrates flexibility in working under the demands and needs of the project
• Possesses the ability to concentrate for extended periods of time and accomplish the given task with minimum oversight
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skill
• Knowledge of DevOps disciplines
• Knowledge of management practices and procedures
• Ability to work within multiple groups of employees and willingly share time, knowledge, and information with others
• Ability to understand business needs, analyze processes, and develop alternative solutions
• Acumen and ability to question the status quo & implement continuous process improvements
||Tyson Corner, VA