Location: Atlanta, GA
Software Development Engineer in Test (80% Development /20%Testing)
Why this role matters
As a Senior Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will test the infrastructure and business logic for next-generation unified communication platforms. The individual will work as part of an Agile Team and be responsible for the Automated Test Case Creation, Test Planning as well as Test Execution.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
• Use the latest technologies such as AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, micro-service architecture, MongoDB, Docker, Java, and Python
• Work closely with developers to create test cases, design test plans, and automate test cases for the verification of product functionality.
• Take components and end to end testing responsibilities
• Work closely with developers Product Owners & Scrum Masters to review the product
• Facilitate the tracking of Bugs and Enhancements (via JIRA and applicable tools)
• Develop and implement the Test Automation strategy/effort
• Generate API Level Automated Test Scripts using various technologies and tools
• Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate ability to build effective relationships through partnering and collaboration
What you'll bring
• Self-motivation, creativity, and proactiveness to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including, diverse technologies, labs, and architectures.
• Proficiency in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of product defects
• Ability to operate in a dynamic and challenging, team-oriented environment, and to meet tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What's required for application
• B.S./B.A. degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics or technical certification and/or experience
• 3 years Test Automation experience – good software development/scripting skills in common languages like Python, JAVA, PERL ,C++, and/or Bash, etc.
• Experience with testing applications with multi-tier and distributed architecture, preferably with Restful Web Service and other J2EE applications
• Experience in testing Kafka or similar queuing services
• Exposure to API Security testing and vulnerability testing
• Experience in developing and running a Continuous Integration system
• API testing with knowledge of REST and SOAP APIs
• Developing test scripts at a highly proficient level
• API automation tools such as Postman, SoapUI, etc
• Understanding of DB principles / Technologies with familiarity in Mongo and PostgreSQL
• XML, XSLT, JSON experience
• Documenting, tracking and escalating issues as appropriate with the ability to build effective relationships through partnering and collaboration
• Handling complex software system infrastructure tasks – from requirements to production